A circuit breaker is an essential component to control every home’s electricity. When an outlet or appliance stops working, we typically tend to reset the breaker. Just a switch flip makes it functional.
However, sometimes, problems may not be solved just by flipping a switch. If you notice any signs of damage in the breaker panel, consider having it repaired right away or replaced if required. This will help you ensure a safe home.
Boyes Electric is the right place if you’re looking to hire an electrician for circuit breaker repair. With years of experience, we can help you with all your electrical requirements. In this blog, we will explore whether you should repair or replace a circuit breaker panel.
Whether Your Circuit Breaker Panel Needs To Be Repaired or Replaced?
Signs of a Troubled Panel
The first step in deciding whether to replace or repair your circuit breaker panel is to identify any signs of trouble. Some common red flags include:
- Frequent Tripping: If your circuit breakers trip regularly, it could indicate an underlying problem.
- Corrosion and Rust: A panel that’s corroded or rusty may not be as reliable or safe as it should be.
- Outdated Technology: Older homes may have outdated fuse boxes, which are less effective at protecting against electrical faults.
- Overcrowding: If your panel is overcrowded with circuits or doesn’t have room for expansion, it may be time for an upgrade.
- Electrical Upgrades: If you’re planning to add new appliances, lighting, or outlets to your home, your panel may need to be replaced to accommodate the increased electrical load.
Repairing Your Panel
In some cases, repairing your circuit breaker panel can be a cost-effective solution. If the issues are minor and don’t compromise safety, a professional electrician can address them. For example, if a single circuit breaker is faulty, it can be replaced. However, repairs should only be considered for minor issues, and if the panel itself is old or outdated, it may be best to replace it.
Replacing Your Panel
Replacing the circuit breaker panel is often the safest and most practical choice in many situations. Modern panels are equipped with the latest safety features and technology, making them more reliable and efficient. If your panel is outdated, has known safety issues, or doesn’t meet the electrical demands of your home, replacement is the way to go. Additionally, if your home insurance provider requires an upgrade to ensure coverage, replacing the panel is usually necessary.
Illuminate Your Space With Boyes Electric
At Boyes Electric, we have experience of over 10 years providing electrical repairs and other services. When making the decision to replace or repair, consider your long-term needs. You can trust our licensed electricians for both residential and commercial requirements. We ensure maximum customer satisfaction by delivering the best electrical services. If you’re looking for an expert electrician for EV charger home installation services, call us today or check our website to learn more about us.